To complete any and all types of welding repairs related to the maintenance of the equipment, as well as the fabricating, and assisting in the design of new tooling and equipment
1. Ability to read blue prints and design according to those prints neatly and accurately.
2. Operate mig welder (both aluminum and stainless), tig welder, AC/DC stick welder, oxcy-acetelyne outfit for both cutting and welding and plasma cutter.
3. Ability to operate all of the above pieces of equipment with little or no help.
4. Operate all the equipment in a safe manner using all the required safety equipment to comply with OSHA and company policies.
5. May be required to travel and work temporarily at fieldwork sites.
6. May be required to work long hours and sometimes holidays.
7. Always willing to help the lesser qualified in problem solving and or operating instructions in using the equipment.
8. Performs other duties as directed.
1. Ability to make decision as to what type of material should be used to make certain repairs.
2. Ability to decide when it’s safe to weld and when it’s not.
3. Always making sure he/she is using the safest method to perform each and every job.
4. Must be able to determine how to weld/repair equipment in the most effective manner.
5. Must determine safest method of performing job.
6. Will be required to travel to job sites.
7. Must be able to work in reflected heat of welding equipment.
1. High School Diploma with specialization in industrial or vocational trades.
2. 2-3 years of technical school, or on the job experience preferred.
3. Ability to read blue prints.
4. Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
5. Professional oral and written interpersonal communication
6. 5-7 years of welding and fabrication experience.
Job ID: 2503
Location: Hebron, Ohio US
Business Unit: Shops