The purpose of this position is to perform the hands on work for MPW Facilities Support Services. This position provides the manpower for all Labor Support jobs.
1. Arrives at work locations on time, demonstrates a considerate, friendly and constructive attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
2. Performs “cleaning work” in an efficient and safe manner as directed by team leaders, supervisors or account manager including, but not limited to:
a. Ensuring manual work and production equipment operates efficiently and at high quality
b. Reporting problem areas to team leader
c. Maintain work area in a clean, neat and orderly condition
d. Complete daily summary information at shift end
e. Submits process control related paperwork, shift logs, inventory reports to team leader upon request.
3. Assists the team leader with on-the-job training of new hires and transfers when required.
4. Keeps work area and break areas in the cleanest possible condition.
5. Responsible for personal safety and helping to insure the safety of others in the team.
6. Understands and adheres to all information located in the employee handbook.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
1. Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
2. Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
3. Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
4. Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
5. Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Some High School Education acceptable.
3. Valid Drivers License and be within current limits for MPW Driver Points.
4. Being able to work safely and efficiently.
5. 6 months experience in an entry-level operations position with a service related industry (preferably with a industrial cleaning/environmental based company).
Job ID: 2298
Location: Battle Creek, Michigan US
Business Unit: FEM