- To provide general direction and supervision to a group of laborers/associates as well as performing hands-on duties of laborers/associates.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work is accomplished in the time frame established by their immediate supervisor.
- Has the authority to make unsupervised decisions consistent with the scope of responsibilities.
- Ensures the consistent and equitable treatment of all associates who report to him/her. Includes being actively involved with the disciplining, evaluating, and counseling of associates who report to him/her.
- Provides highly visible leadership and motivation to all associates.
- Provides on the job training to new hires and/or transfers into their area as well as providing ongoing coaching to all associates who report to him/her.
- Attends nightly foreman and supervisory meetings to coordinate the implementation of the job completion schedule for the night.
- Identifies way to increase the efficiency of their area of responsibility as well as reducing the use of supplies, i.e., gloves, paint suits, cleaners.
- Ensures that all company policies, procedures and practices are understood and followed by all associates who report to him/her including, but not limited to, Human Resources, Safety, Operations and Finance related policies.
- Provides written reports to immediate supervisor as to the status of the projects assigned to his/her work group. Completes deficiency reports or abnormal reports explaining problems and/or reasons why the job is not completed, not on schedule or not completed properly.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred; some High School Education acceptable.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts and applications.
- Ability to interact with others and effectively communicates with them.
- Six months previous supervisory experience directing the work of others and four months working as a laborer with MPW, Facilities Support.
Job ID: 2329
Location: Georgetown, Kentucky US
Business Unit: FEM