To perform general accounting activities, including preparing, and analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports, preparing and entering journal entries and actively participating in special projects.
Assist with monthly close procedures, including:
- Preparing standard and general journal entries.
- Monitoring monthly and year-to-date activity versus budget and prior year.
- Performing fluctuation analysis and inquiring of any variances.
- Assist with the completion of quarterly reconciliation information as required by the General Accounting department.
- Provide audit assistance during year-end, including, pulling records, performing research, and answering inquiries.
- Prepare reports and analysis on a timely basis to all levels of management. This includes, but is not limited to, the utilization of software to prepare and provide financial, operational reports and special reports, as required.
- Assist in preparation of budgets for business units, work with business unit heads to obtain input and final approval.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures in the preparation of reconciliations, journal entries, and other general accounting activities.
- Assist with auditing all accounting/financial policies, procedures and best practices for each business unit location (including payroll, invoicing/receivables, payables, expense reports, petty cash, imprest funds, etc.)
- Interact with other departments; respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Track key performance indicators.
- Review expense reports and complete coding, as necessary.
- Review and code fuel and lodging reports from third-party providers.
- Travel to business unit or customer locations and assist in operational/administrative support, as needed.
- Actively participate in special projects, as assigned.
- Performs other duties, special projects and analysis as directed.
Customer Service: Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Professionalism: Maintaining a high-quality professional appearance and standardizing to improve performance and reputation.
- Continuous Improvement: Refining and developing new tools and processes through creativity and innovation.
- Drive to Win: Passionate and candid; challenges are eagerly accepted, and motivated to grow.
- Spirit of Family: Treating all people with respect by supporting and giving back to employees, customers and local communities. Promoting opportunities within and through referrals.
Associates or Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 0-5 years general accounting experience including experience in general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. JD Edwards and Business Objects/Crystal experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written interpersonal communication.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
Job ID: 2455
Location: Hebron, Ohio US
Business Unit: Corp