This position is responsible for the achievement of plant goals through supervision of personnel, completion of administrative duties, and communication with the plant.
1. Coordinates work schedules and manpower needs.
2. Works with team to complete assigned tasks.
3. Ensures the completion and quality of all tasks as established within the language of the work schedules.
4. Communicates and reviews disciplinary practices to supervisors to ensure consistency.
5. Orders supplies and manages the location’s inventory reports.
6. Responsible for interfacing with the customer to maintain proper production.
7. Communicates with subordinates regarding safety, operations and human resources.
8. Contributes to the plant cost reduction effort by instructing subordinates in the most efficient use of production machines and materials.
9. Completes all annual reviews of associates who are direct and/or indirect reports, as applicable.
10. Complete administrative tasks such as documenting attendance, customer requests, and status reports.
11. Follow OSHA (CCOHS – Canada) guidelines and MPW safety standards.
12. Perform other duties as directed.
1. Customer Service: Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
2. Professionalism: Maintaining a high-quality professional appearance and standardizing to improve performance and reputation.
3. Continuous Improvement: Refining and developing new tools and processes through creativity and innovation.
4. Drive to Win: Passionate and candid; challenges are eagerly accepted, and motivated to grow.
5. Spirit of Family: Treating all people with respect by supporting and giving back to employees, customers and local communities. Promoting opportunities within and through referrals.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, or equivalent experience.
2. 3-5 years’ experience managing and scheduling employees to perform cleaning and quality assurance measures as related to a high-volume paint department or other labor-intensive industrial cleaning.
3. Prior experience in automotive, industrial, and maintenance setting required.
4. Knowledge of paint systems, preferred.
5. Must possess ability to schedule and motivate manpower to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
6. Professional oral and written interpersonal communication.
7. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolutions skills.
Job ID: 2670
Location: Northwood, Ohio US
Business Unit: FEM