- Ability to read blue prints and design according to those prints neatly and accurately.
- Operate mig welder (both aluminum and stainless), tig welder, AC/DC stick welder, oxcy-acetelyne outfit for both cutting and welding and plasma cutter.
- Ability to operate all of the above pieces of equipment with little or no help.
- Operate all the equipment in a safe manner using all the required safety equipment to comply with OSHA and company policies.
- May be required to travel and work temporarily at fieldwork sites.
- May be required to work long hours and sometimes holidays.
- Always willing to help the lesser qualified in problem solving and or operating instructions in using the equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Ability to make decision as to what type of material should be used to make certain repairs.
- Ability to decide when it’s safe to weld and when it’s not.
- Always making sure he/she is using the safest method to perform each and every job.
- Must be able to determine how to weld/repair equipment in the most effective manner.
- Must determine safest method of performing job.
- Will be required to travel to job sites.
- Must be able to work in reflected heat of welding equipment.
- High School Diploma with specialization in industrial or vocational trades.
- 2-3 years of technical school, or on the job experience preferred.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
- Professional oral and written interpersonal communication
- 1-3 years of welding and fabrication experience.
Job ID: 1806
Location: Hebron, Ohio US
Business Unit: Shops