The Lead Software Developer will manage a team of developers to complete a project to the satisfaction of the stakeholders. They should have a background in leading and mentoring a team in an Agile environment. They should also have experience in creating user stories, tasks, and estimates. The Lead Software Developer should possess a strong passion for coding and creating a quality product that meets and exceeds the needs of the business. The expectation of this position is that the majority of the time should be actively writing code and so a strong understanding of design patterns, architecture, and creating testable code is required.
- Lead a team through the complete SDLC. This includes sprint planning, code reviews, and meeting with the business stake holders.
- Work with the BA in customer meetings to get requirements and provide feedback as the subject matter expert
- Be able to lead and plan both stories within a sprint and sprints to a release
- Lead a team of 1-5 developers to the completion of the project while adhering to the design principals and architecture
- Work with business and management to ensure product is tested thoroughly
- Be able to architect solutions that meet the requirements without being unnecessarily complex
- Translate business and design goals into usable products.
- Mentor more junior developers and complete quarterly reviews for everyone on the team
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, ambitious, have high personal ethics and a willingness to take personal responsibility for the applications they develop.
- Must be able to develop professional and personal relationships with co-workers and end-users, and must be a positive and people-oriented person with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead a team and a project.
- Understand and speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.
- History of leading a team of developers to the completion of a project.
- At least 6 years of software design/development experience.
- Experience with XML, Web Services, .NET CLR, and Active Directory.
- Experience with Entity Framework, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, SSIS, T-SQL and Database Security.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools and Data Warehouse design (especially SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports) would be a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint, SharePoint Designer and MS Office integration would be a plus.
- Experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne would be a plus.
- Experience with K2 Blackpearl would be a plus.
Job ID: 2027
Location: Hebron, Ohio US
Business Unit: Corp