1 Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage: Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage.
- 2. Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements
- 3. Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
- 4. Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
- Tennessee Waste Water Treatment Class 1 license
- High School Diploma/Associates Degree preferred
- 3 or more years Industrial Waste Water Pretreatment experience
- Entry level class Wastewater License is preferred
- 24-hour HAZWOPER Certification required
- Experienced maintenance background in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Excellent personal computer skills
- excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution ability
- High level of confidence and accoutability
Job ID: 2487
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Business Unit: IW