This position ensures employees perform all tasks safely, by implementing and enforcing safety and occupational health related policies and procedures as determined by the company. Additional responsibilities include, ensuring all incidents are thoroughly investigated, corrective actions implemented and safety and occupational health related training is occurring and properly documented as outlined by the company.
- Develop and continually review corporate safety programs as they apply to MPW, policies and procedures in order to evaluate their effectiveness while implementing improvements where needed to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Develop task-specific job safety analyses for work performed on the facility.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents and determine causative factors to prevent recurrence.
- Develop, analyze and distribute loss information, which will help identify accident causes and costs and adherence to state and federal compliance.
- Maintain a working relationship with claims managers and third party administrators to insure proper analysis/corrective action and payment of workers compensation claims.
- In conjunction with staff from corporate, establish a working relationship to assure the proper delivery of loss prevention services.
- Conduct health & safety audits of work activities to identify unsafe acts and conditions, which may exist.
- In conjunction with the Management, assure that loss-producing exposure is identified and corrected.
- Where necessary recommend and train supervisors and employees in all areas of safety and health, including the use of the personal protective equipment to prevent industrial hygiene exposures.
- Formulate and implement action plans to improve quality, minimize losses.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Performs routine safety requirements as related to, but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, High Pressure Water Blasting, Wet and Dry Vacuuming and Exposure to Air Contaminants.
- Plans, organizes and conducts toolbox/tailgate sessions and/or other related employee safety meetings and ensures the proper documentation, as outlined by Corporate Safety, is completed.
- Coordinates and monitors work standard development, working closely with corporate and operations personnel.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Health/Safety or related Science is preferred.
- 4-5 years in Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of all OSHA regulations.
- Strong written/verbal communication, analytical/problem-solving, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Job ID: 1990
Location: Gaston, North Carolina US
Business Unit: ICG