This position ensures employees perform all tasks safely, by writing, developing, implementing and enforcing safety and occupational health related policies and procedures as determined by the company. Additional responsibilities include, ensuring all incidents are thoroughly investigated, corrective actions implemented and safety and occupational health related training is occurring and properly documented as outlined by the company.
- Coordinates safety training activities for sites and develops, prepares and conducts training as necessary.
- Completes training documentation associated with safety related topics and integrates this information into MPW’s Corporate Training records.
- Conducts safety audits, inspections and observations and produces and forwards reports to the appropriate operations management and Corporate Safety.
- Establishes, coordinates and monitors activities of the site(s) employee Safety Improvement Committee(s) as outlined by Corporate Safety.
- Investigates all incidents that occur within their jurisdiction with reports, summaries and analysis being forwarded to the appropriate operations management and Corporate Safety for review. This includes ensuring all injury reports are properly completed and submitted in a timely manner as outlined by Corporate Safety.
- Performs routine safety requirements as related to, but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, High Pressure Water Blasting, Wet and Dry Vacuuming and Exposure to Air Contaminants, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Plans, writes, organizes and conducts toolbox/tailgate sessions and ensures the proper documentation is completed and submitted, as outlined by Corporate Safety.
- Coordinates and monitors work standard development, working closely with corporate and operations personnel.
- Manages safety supervisors, specialists and technicians as required.
- Prepares semi-annual personnel reviews for direct reports as required.
- Associates degree with first aid and CPR certification. If no CPR and first aid training, must obtain within the first six months of employment
- OSHA 30 hour General Industry or Construction course(s).
- Coursework in other safety related topics, i.e. PPE, respiratory protection, electrical safety, scaffold erection, excavation, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, etc.
- 3 years in a field safety position with at least 2 years as a safety supervisor.
Job ID: 2662
Location: Charleston, South Carolina US
Business Unit: ICG