This position ensures the purity of the water processed for MPW Industrial Water customers at various project sites. The Field Service Technician will be responsible for providing our on-site technical customer service. This individual will be responsible for chemical tests, chemical feed and control equipment maintenance, chemical inventory management, technical recommendations, and written service reports
- Travels to various project sites and maintains MPW Water Purification Equipment.
- Acts as support function to multiple locations as needed.
- Adheres to all Safety rules, regulations and guidelines; including proper housekeeping.
- Works closely with the customer, on a daily basis, to troubleshoot and repair system operational problems and makes corrections when appropriate.
- Tracks the performance, via daily logs, of the equipment at the various project sites.
- Performs required labor at the various project sites, including hose and pipe assembly, chemical drum handling, chemical transfer, filter backwashes, filter media replacement, pump maintenance, membrane cleaning and replacement.
- Uses monitoring equipment to test water quality to assure established standards are being met.
- Responsible for calibration of monitoring equipment.
- Perform water analysis and/or collects samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis.
- Completes PC-based reports on site conditions, test results, site corrections and site deficiencies.
- Work with PLC controls; repairs pumps, instruments, and control panels
- Provides ongoing interface with customers to assure they are satisfied with job and acts as technical consultant and liaison with customer management and technical counterparts.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts (lube oil, tubing, and piping), and adequate supply of reagents, sample containers, and shipment containers necessary for routine as well as special sampling and analysis.
- Has daily communication with respective Regional Field Service Manager.
- May be required to assist at regeneration facilities when necessary.
- Will be required to travel and work overtime as required.
- Works independently.
- Must be able to self-manage.
- Tracks, manages and reports mileage and expense reports.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Valid Driver’s license.
- College Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of mechanical experience preferred.
- PLC experience preferred
Job ID: 1938
Location: Southport, Florida US
Business Unit: IW