Work Directly with engineering team to develop designs and specify components for new or revised products. Create original designs based on customer specifications. Liaison with MPW departments, vendors and customers to ensure drawing accuracy, compliance with organizational standards, and best practices for new and redesigned products.
- Position will follow all safety rules and regulations and abide by safety guidelines.
- Position is responsible for mechanical engineering documentation including mechanical drawing packages, P&IDs, operational and maintenance procedures, and testing/validation guidelines.
- Take initiative to develop new designs or design improvements (including creation of 2D drawings and 3D models) to meet customer and/or MPW specifications.
- Interact with MPW fabrication shop as a technical liaison.
- Act as MPW representative for field service or customer technical support
- Provide customer and vendor interface for project updates and project issue resolution.
- Revise drawings for engineering changes or to implement updates or revisions of standards for all products.
- Take initiative to create/refine processes to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Implement design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Create and distribute equipment Bill of Materials to the fabrication facility
- Travel to field services sites, and customer sites as needed. Up to 40 Nights
- Due to the nature of the business as 24/7 service company, long, non-traditional hours maybe required as a regular part of the job.
- Position must be able interact with customers, sales, field service, and application teams and provide support as needed.
- Hands on ability.
- Safety Awareness: Employee must be aware of conditions that affect employee safety and engineer solutions to correct unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Communication thru Planning and Organization Management: The ability to establish a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources in a fast pace changing environment. While expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting language, non-verbal expressions, and terminology to fit the needs of the audience.
- Innovation: Generating creative solutions to work situations and equipment design.
- Customer Service Orientation – Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering with 1-3 years in engineering related field.
- Associates Degree with 3-5 Years of technical experience in dealing with Mechanical systems design, special equipment design, automation, and/or Industrial project management.
- 2D and 3D CAD, Solidworks Preferred.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, and math skills
- Understand and use hand measuring instruments
- Understand geometric tolerances and fit comparisons, weld symbols, machining standards and drawing symbols
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5 drawing standards, NEC/NFPA70, and NFPA79 codes for industrial equipment.
Job ID: 2559
Location: Hebron, Ohio US
Business Unit: IW