The position sells MPW services directly to potential and existing customers. The position requires one to identify all potential customers and sell all of the services MPW has to offer that are applicable to each customer.
- Use various media; identify potential customers that are consistent with the company’s market and business objective.
- Identification of revenue targets and development of strategic plans for target accounts.
- Identify the key decision-maker on qualified accounts through research and personal contacts.
- Achieve assigned revenue and profit forecasts.
- Identify customer needs versus MPW’s business offerings.
- Plan and execute sales calls and presentations to customers.
- Demonstrates problem-solving attitude to the customer and determine need satisfaction.
- Work within an assigned territory to maximize the service MPW can offer through business contacts and on-site presence.
- As the territory develops: must be able to manage the territory’s new, potential, and existing customers.
- Be cognizant of potential business opportunities for MPW to pursue as a company that are consistent to growth and performance objectives.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Competitors – to remove competitors from a plant. The salesperson illustrates the benefits MPW can offer and the better services they can supply. They may use additional MPW resources to accomplish this.
- Find new accounts – they will use various resources such as a Linkdin, Google, Industrial Information Resoures, or sales leads generated by the home office.
- They need to work with various organizations from the pant level to corporate, also are required to work on job sites from time to time.
- Complete Job Data Sheet (JDS) on jobs that you are quoting.
- Complete Bids that are consistent with MPW policy and are able to be presented to the customer in a professional manner.
- Safety Awareness: Employee must be aware of conditions that affect employee safety and engineer solutions to correct unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Communication through Planning and Organization Management: The ability to establish a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources in a fast pace changing environment. While expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting language, non-verbal expressions, and terminology to fit the needs of the audience.
- Innovation: Generating creative solutions to work situations and equipment design.
- Developing Organizational Talent: Developing direct reports’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future department needs.
- Customer Service Orientation: Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Associates or Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Sales and Marketing.
- Knowledge of the company, operations, and services.
- Experience in sales, marketing, and pricing strategies.
- Must have strong questioning skills.(SPIN selling)
- Must have prior experience and understanding in preparing and presenting quotes to current and potential customers.
- Understanding of key Industrial processes.
- Strong analytical skills with industry knowledge.
- Professional oral and written communication.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 5-7 years experience in outside sales preferably in an industrial environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, management, and staff.
- Be flexible and adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Sales and Negotiation training/seminars.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and demonstrate good communication skills with Mobile/Computer devices.
Job ID: 2168
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana US
Business Unit: FEM