- To provide general direction and supervision in paint to a group of laborers/associates as well as performing “hands-on” duties with the work of a laborer/associate.
- Responsible for ensuring that the job is completed in the time frame established by their immediate supervisor and is completed up to the standards of quality set.
- Coordinates the work of the associates who report directly to them and performs tasks associated with a laborer as required.
- Ensures the consistent and equitable treatment of all associates who report to him/her. Includes being active with the disciplining, evaluating, and counseling of associates who report to him/her.
- Provides highly visible leadership and motivation to all associates.
- Provides on the job training to new hires and/or transfers into their area as well as providing ongoing “coaching” to all associates who report to him/her.
- Attends daily supervisory meetings (start-up/safety) to coordinate the implementation of the job completion schedule for the night.
- Identifies way to increase the efficiency of their “area” as well as reducing the use of supplies, i.e., gloves, paint suits, cleaners.
- Ensures that all company policies, procedures and practices are understood and followed by all associates who report to him/her including, but is not limited to, Human Resources, Safety, Operations and Finance related policies.
- Provides written reports to immediate supervisor as to the status of the projects assigned to his/her work group. Completes deficiency reports or abnormal reports explaining problems and/or reasons why the job is not completed, not on schedule or not completed properly.
- Works overtime at the end of the shift as required by production.
- Learns and manages multiple job tasks/skillsets.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work is completed in the time frame established by their immediate supervisor to the quality standards set for the process or job.
- Has the authority to make decisions consistent with the scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to carry/lift to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver as required.
- Ability to maintain workloads for shift hours which typically run 8 hours up to 10 hours.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts and applications.
- Ability to interact with others and effectively communicates with them
Job ID: 2373
Location: Marysville, Ohio US
Business Unit: FEM