The purpose of this position is to perform water-blasting work for MPW FEM.
1. Continuously works in an efficient and safe manner.
2. Performs “cleaning work” as directed including, general floor cleaning, cleans residue from underneath equipment, detailed cleaning of paint booth and ovens as directed by management, cover area cleaned with plastic and/or paper to enhance cleaning efforts, cleans “paint grates” in a caustic and/or through a process of water blasting, cleans and dresses robots, sets up water blasters and changes nozzles and guns as required and performs maintenance on the water blast equipment as required and/or as scheduled.
3. Assists with on the job training of new hires and transfers.
4. Keeps work areas and break areas in the cleanest possible condition.
5. Perform other duties as directed.
1. Ensuring the work is completed in the time frame established, and the quality of the work meets or exceeds the expected standards of the customer.
2. Follow OSHA guidelines and MPW safety standards.
3. Ability to follow directions as provided by supervisor.
4. Reports any and all issues to the supervisor immediately.
1. Customer Service: Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
2. Professionalism: Maintaining a high-quality professional appearance and standardizing to improve performance and reputation.
3. Continuous Improvement: Refining and developing new tools and processes through creativity and innovation.
4. Drive to Win: Passionate and candid; challenges are eagerly accepted, and motivated to grow.
5. Spirit of Family: Treating all people with respect by supporting and giving back to employees, customers and local communities. Promoting opportunities within and through referrals.
1. Ability to move up to 50 Lbs., with or without accommodation.
2. Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves physical manual labor.
3. Must have strength and endurance to withstand constant force of the blast gun.
4. Ability to maintain alertness and fitness for duty.
5. Ability to position oneself for work conducted in and around confined spaces.
6. Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
7. Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
2. Some High School education acceptable.
3. Able to work safely and efficiently.
4. Understanding of mechanical concepts and applications.
5. Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
6. Professional oral and written interpersonal communications.